INGREDIENTS: Pastured Raised Grass-Finished Suet Tallow, 20% Non-Nano Zinc Oxide, Vitamin C Oil (Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate), Natural Vitamin E Oil (D-Alpha Tocopherol), Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Fruit CO2 Extract
Next restock for this product will be August! (coconut extract did not arrive in time so it won't be in stock for the July restock - thank you for your patience!)
This product has an approximate protection of 25-30 SPF*. Apply generously at least fifteen minutes before sun exposure and re-apply every thirty minutes to an hour as needed during sun exposure.
Vitamin C + E:
- Protects lipids from oxidative damage on the skin - a process that creates free radicals and causes cellular damage and accelerated aging
- Minimizes the appearance of dark/age spots, crows feet, or other wrinkles
- Promotes the skin's natural collagen renewal process
- Lessens the appearance of scarring and hyperpigmentation
- Counteracts damage from harmful UV rays
1. Pastured Raised Grass-fed and Grass-finished Suet Tallow: Our tallow is nutrient-dense, golden yellow, and naturally contains high amounts of fat-soluble vitamins A, D, E, and K.
Tallow is rich in fatty acids, including oleic acid, palmitic acid, and stearic acid. These fatty acids help to moisturize and nourish the skin, forming a protective barrier that can prevent water loss and keep the skin hydrated.
2. 20% Non-Nano Zinc-Oxide: Non-nano zinc oxide is a safer alternative to sun cream than chemical alternatives like Oxybenzone. Some people with sensitive may find non-nano zinc oxide less irritating compared to certain chemical sunscreen ingredients. Non-nano zinc refers to zinc particles that are larger in size compared to nano-sized particles. These particles typically have a size range of over 100 nanometers, which reduces the likelihood of them penetrating the skin. Non-nano zinc works by forming a physical barrier on the skin that reflects both UVA/UVB rays, providing photo protection. Due to the larger particle size, this is the reason many non-nano zinc oxide sun creams may create a white cast on the skin!
3. Vitamin C Oil (Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate): Tetrahexyldecyl ascorbate (THD ascorbate) is a stable, gentle and oil-soluble form of Vitamin C. Vitamin C helps protects against free radical damage and initiates repair to cells. Vitamin C is effective against both UVA (the deep penetrating, cell-damaging rays) and UVB (the rays that primarily affect the epidermis and cause sunburn).
4. Natural Vitamin E Oil (D-alpha Tocopherol): The Real Deal—Not Synthetic! The 100% pure & natural Vitamin E Oil used in this product (D-alpha tocopherol) is all-natural, 100% derived from non-GMO organic olives. Using a unique distillation and extraction process the Vitamin E is extracted from olives rather than sunflowers.
5. Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Fruit CO2 Extract: A multi-step process is used to produce our Coconut CO2 Extract. First, coconuts are cold pressed at a low temperature. Then, the cold pressed oil undergoes a high pressured CO2 supercritical extraction that results in a nutrient dense extract!
CO2 extracts are closer in composition to the original plant from which it is derived plus it contains a wider range of the plant’s constituents and benefits. Coconut CO2 is rich in saturated fatty acids and has a thicker consistency that blends beautifully with our Tallow. It is a creamy, beachy coconut scent - perfect for summer!
TEXTURE & APPEARANCE: A smooth and gentle spreadable cream. Since this is a mineral sunscreen with non-nano zinc oxide - there may be a white cast before rubbing it in.
SUGGESTED USE: Apply generously at least fifteen minutes before sun exposure. Re-apply every 30 minutes to an hour as needed during sun exposure. This product is not waterproof so we recommend applying after bathing.
SCENT: This cream is scented with Coconut CO2 Extract. It smells like a creamy coconut! The scent is medium to strong.
TUBE & PACKAGING: 100% Sugarcane derived tube (4oz).
SHELF LIFE: 12 months at room temperature, well over a year refrigerated.
*Olive Sensitivity Warning* The Vitamin E we use in this product is all-natural and from cold-pressed organic Olives, please take note of this if you have an allergy to Olives or have experienced skin sensitivities with olives in the past.
Frequently asked questions:
What are your tubes made out of?
The tubes used in this product are 100% Sugarcane derived.
Sugarcane plastic tubes are created using bio-based polyethylene derived from sugarcane ethanol unlike traditional plastic tubes which are typically made from petroleum-based materials.
This process is considered more environmentally friendly compared to the production of conventional plastic tubes because sugarcane is a renewable resource that absorbs carbon dioxide from the atmosphere during its growth, helping to reduce greenhouse gas emissions.