INGREDIENTS: Saponified Farm Fresh Raw Goat Milk, Rosemary Infused Olive Oil*, Suet Tallow*, Coconut Oil*, Castor Oil*, Cocoa Butter*, Raw Shea Butter*, Raw Local Honey
SHAMPOO BARS WON'T BE AVAILABLE THIS HOLIDAY SEASON. NEXT RESTOCK WILL BE IN JANUARY 2024. Thank you for your patience and support!
Our goal was to make the Shampoo Bar of our dreams and we couldn't be happier with the outcome of this product!
Ideal for all hair types but especially for dry, thick, and curly hair.
Let's take a closer look at the ingredients -
The raw Goat milk used is high quality, fresh, and raw from a small family owned Goat farm. The organic olive oil is infused for 5+ weeks with organically grown Rosemary. The Organic Rosemary is harvested by hand, washed and dried before the infusion. We strain the olive oil infusion before use. The Suet Tallow is grass-fed and finished and organic. The Coconut Oil as well as the Castor Oil, Cocoa Butter, Shea Butter and locally sourced honey are all organic.
These bars not only make a great Shampoo Bar - they also work really well as a body, face, or hand wash thanks to the moisturizing oils and butters!
- Raw Goat Milk - leaves hair soft and manageable
- Shea & Cocoa Butters - contains vitamins A and E + essential fatty acids which help add moisture and shine to hair
- Castor Oil - strengthens and nourishes scalp and hair
- Coconut Oil - provides a good lather and additional moisturizing benefits
Suet Tallow - nourishes the scalp and fights scalp dryness,
dandruff and flakiness
- Raw Honey - adds shine to dull hair
- Rosemary infused Olive Oil - rosemary is excellent for addressing overall scalp issues - relieving irritated, dry, flaky, dandruff ridden scalps. The moisturizing properties in olive oil aid in preventing breakage or split ends.
HOW TO USE (We highly recommend following these directions if you have never used a natural shampoo bar before!):
The first time using a natural handmade shampoo bar on your hair may feel different. Using natural ingredients is not going to give you the same feeling as chemically laden shampoos do because the natural oils in your hair are not being stripped away.
*Please note: A transition period may occur before your hair is fully free of all the other chemicals and residues from prior hair products.* This depends on the individual - but it usually averages 7-12 washes.
Our recommended technique:
This technique works best if you are new to shampoo bars, have adjustment issues or have long or thick hair. It helps prevent soapy residue being left behind in your hair that can make your hair feel sticky.
- Thoroughly wet hair – with a lot of water. All the way to your roots.
- Rub the shampoo bar between your hands, or you can use a soap pouch or a natural sponge, to create a nice lather.
- Massage the lather into your scalp, working up a good lather as you shampoo. Add more water if you don’t have enough lather. This should take a few minutes.
- Work the lather down the length of your hair as you rinse.
- Rinse, rinse, and rinse again. Rinsing should take longer than washing and lathering!
- Repeat if desired but as your hair adjusts you’ll find you only need to wash once.
We highly recommend using a natural Apple Cider Vinegar rinse after shampooing, especially in the beginning when getting acclimated to using shampoo bars.
Simple ACV rinses are very easy to make at home and costs pennies to make!
Simple Apple Cider Vinegar Rinse:
1 cup of water with 2-4 Tablespoons of Apple Cider Vinegar makes enough for one rinse. If you have oily hair add more ACV, and if your hair is dry use less. After you shampoo, you can pour or spray the ACV rinse over your hair, starting from the scalp and making sure to work all the way to the ends. Then let it sit for about 3 minutes. You can either rinse your hair with water again or leave the ACV rinse in and dry your hair normally. No worries! The vinegar smell will disappear as your hair dries. I like to spray the ACV rinse all over my hair at the end of my shower and towel dry. The acid in the vinegar removes scaly build up and residue on the scalp and adds shine. Vinegar also restores the natural ph balance of your scalp preventing it from drying out and itching.
What about conditioner?
Because natural shampoo bars don’t strip the oils from your hair, you’ll find that you won’t need to use conditioner.
Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV) rinses are an excellent substitute for conditioner and can help bring back body & shine to your hair.
Whether or not you need to use an apple cider vinegar (ACV) rinse depends on:
- Your water: Hard water makes it more difficult to rinse natural shampoos from your hair.
- Hair length: People with short hair don’t need to rinse with vinegar because it is much easier for them to rinse their hair clean.
- Tangles: If you are prone to tangles ACV rinses can help de-tangle your hair.
- Residue: ACV rinses help remove build-up and product residue from styling gels, etc.
Hair type: Everyone's hair is unique and what is true for one person is not for another.
How often should I shampoo? How long will each bar last??
This is entirely dependent on the individual. 1-3 times per week is good place to start! Over washing and stripping your hairs natural oils is never a good thing. We recommend starting out with fewer washes per week and only adding more washes if you feel the need to do so. If you have extremely dry hair/scalp, just 1 or 2 washes a week will most likely suffice. Washing once or twice and periodically using AVC rinses is a great routine for dry hair. Oily thick hair may need 3 washes with more ACV rinses in between. Feel out your hairs oil production and you'll know when it's time for a wash or ACV rinse!
These bars are a hefty 5.5 oz. This is much larger than the industry standard size shampoo bar which usually is only 1-3 oz in size! Therefore, each bar should last at the very least 3 months depending on use. If kept dry in between uses and only shampooing 2/3 times a week each bar should last even longer, around 5 or 6 months!
BAR SIZE: 5.5 oz
SCENT: A very light scent of clean rosemary shines through!
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. We always recommend patch testing our products before first use. If pregnant or nursing, consult with a healthcare professional before use.
Great product. My aging graying hair loves this bar!
Best shampoo bar!
We have tried so many natural shampoo bars that leave an oily residue or just don't leave our hair feeling clean. This shampoo is so wonderful, our hair is shiny and so squeaky clean. And the other great part, we are a family of 4 and one bar lasts over a month whereas other bars we used only lasted 2-3 weeks if we were lucky. Great product that we will continue to buy!
I have long, thick, curly hair and ultra hard water. I was very skeptical of a shampoo bar, but decided to try this because of your excellent description. There is definitely a learning curve, and I had to experiment with the apple cider rinse concentration. But now after 2 weeks, my hair is super curly, soft, and has tons of body! I am amazed!
Works good on short hair but it does not rinse out well at all in longer hair.